Saturday, April 16, 2016

About Me!

April 16th, 2016

Hello! My name is Haley Smith. I'm currently a 20 year old college student at Mesa Community College studying Elementary Education. I want someday to be a fifth grade teacher; I love the curriculum taught at that level, as well as that age group. Fifth grade was one of my all time favorite grades in school and I can't wait to teach it.

I've lived in Mesa, Arizona my entire life and love it here. I find the desert beautiful and never grow tired of it, although I do want to live somewhere else once I graduate college to experience something new. I'm the fourth of sixth children, and I have eight (very soon to be nine) nieces and nephews. I've always been around kids, and I love working with them.

I'm an avid reader, and I enjoy going to all kinds of concerts in my spare time.

I work with a ten year old boy who has Prader-Willi Syndrome, which is a genetic disorder. If you want to know more about PWS, click here.




I love my job and have considered going into Special Education on more than one occasions because I love working with special needs kids! However, I feel like my true passion is teaching the fifth grade. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll decide to go into Special Education, but for now I'm content with just the fifth grade.

I've created this blog to discuss my thoughts on geometry, as well as document any instances I come across geometry being used in a classroom or in my job. It's interesting to see how much geometry is referenced in the "real world," and just how it's being taught in classrooms. Geometry was never my strong point when I was in school, but I've grown to appreciate it. It's an important part of daily life and can be found even when it's least expected.

I'm excited to share my thoughts with you, and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment